Saturday, April 12, 2008

Suggestion for the WNBA

The WNBA, as we all know, continues to grow and evolve. Part of the evolution is that women are starting to buy teams. This has happened in Los Angeles. The NY Times profiles Catherine Christofferson, one of two women who bought the LA Sparks. She's a former Miss North Dakota who graduated the University of North Dakota and Yale Law, worked at an elite law firm here in LA, and made enough money to buy a professional sports team (with other investors). How cool is that. I have a suggestion for the WNBA: you should sell more teams to smart, rich, smokin' hot babes with strong Midwestern values. That, I think, would do wonders for publicity. I recommend selling the Connecticut Sun to Cindy Crawford. I bet she can play ball, and, I for one, would buy tickets when the Sun come to LA to play the Sparks.

No comments: