Monday, April 14, 2008

Maybe that bitterness is justified

This is the best response I've read so far to Obama's comments about people in small towns being "bitter." From John Baer at the Philadelphia Daily News:

As a native-born, small-town Pennsylvanian, a son of native-born, small-town Pennsylvania parents - one from the coal region, one from Lancaster County - let me assure you that the so-called offensive, condescending things Barack Obama said about the people I come from are basically right on target. . .

So, despite carping from Hillary Clinton and annoying yapping from her surrogates (really, it's like turning on the lights at night in a puppy farm), I take no offense.

What's offensive to me is suggesting that small-town, working-class, gun-toting and/or religious Pennsylvanians are somehow injured by a politician's words.


I think Obama will end up scoring points for honesty.

No comments: