Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mullet contest

My favorite radio station here in LA is 93.1, "Jack" FM. It's one of those new stations with no DJ, just a disembodied, usually sarcastic voice not saying anything about what's playing, but cracking jokes about whatever. Oh, but there is a woman who comes on and announces the day's "Jacktivities," which are usually a combination of state fairs, concerts, and charity events. Her name is Tami Heide.

They also have very quirky contests. Right now they are having one called "March Mullet Madness." The idea is to find the person with the best mullet in Los Angeles. They're down to the Final Four (just like the real March Madness!). The grand prize is a "bitchin'" Camaro. I have never had, nor will I ever even think about getting, a mullet. But I think this is hysterical. You can vote for your favorite now! I voted for Kimberly, because you've got to love a woman who has the guts to have a mullet.

No comments: