Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cute story about 4-year olds and technology

There are a couple of cute anecdotes in David Carr's Media Equation column in the NY Times yesterday. I don't have a four-year old little girl, but I have a niece who is fast approaching that age. They're growing up much faster than we did.

“Forget 15-year-olds; my 4-year old saw a show on broadcast television at our baby sitter’s house and asked to see it again when she went back there,” Mr. Shirky said. “When told it wasn’t on television right then, she asked, ‘Is it broken?’ ”

He then told another story: a friend found his 4-year-old fishing around the cables behind the television and asked what she was looking for. She said, “I’m looking for the mouse.”

I keep reminding myself that I have to at least make an effort to keep up with technology so I don't fall too far behind these kids.

No comments: