Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sarah Palin, making $150K look really good

Sarah Palin is certainly having fun on the campaign trail. She - oops - the Republican National Committee spent $150,000 on clothes since her nomination to be vice president. That's a lot of high-heeled shoes.

I'm sure I haven't spent $150K on clothes in my entire life. Maybe my entire family has spent that much over the last 20 or 30 years.

A question arises: how did she spend that much money if she's running for vice president? Doesn't it take time to do the kind of shopping that would be required to spend that much money on clothes? I would have to rent a couple of U-hauls just to get all of it back to my apartment.

Well, there's a very simple answer: she spent it very efficiently! She spent it fast, because she didn't buy very many clothes! Really easy to pack everything into a suitcase when you're shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. And she didn't have to do much comparison shopping, which also saves time! I bet she didn't even have to waste time signing the credit card receipt!

When John McCain got in trouble for not knowing how many houses he owns, part of the defense was that his wife inherited her wealth, and her father earned it. Has Sarah Palin earned this kind of expenditure? She's living a fairy tale life. She's like the girl who discovers that she's really a princess.

Of course, this is the age of television, and she does need to look good. But my guess is that the Obama campaign has not been spending thousands of dollars to make Michelle look good.

No comments: