Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bruce, Billy, and Barack

Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel are putting on a benefit concert for Barack Obama. Good for them. Throw in Blondie or the Go-Go's for some gender balance, and I am totally there. It's at the Hammerstein. I understand that's a hip place (never been there myself). Top tickets are $10,000. I would pay that if I had it, but I would also hope that Springsteen plays something from Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J., and Rosalita.

I know Born to Run has been overplayed for a couple of decades now, but this line still resonates:

"The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last-chance power drive
Everybody's out on the road tonight but there's no place left to hide."

That kind of applies to how I feel about this last stretch of this campaign.

No comments: