Friday, October 31, 2008

The old HSX is back!

I did something today that I haven't been able to do for a couple of weeks: I logged onto the Hollywood Stock Exchange. And it was exactly like I remember it! Hallelujah! Praise to be the powers that be at Cantor Fitzgerald. Ticker Talk is filled with praise and thanks for bringing back the classic. It does make sense, of course, for that fundamental guiding hand of capitalism - customer feedback - would work at a site so avowedly capitalist in orientation.

There's even an announcement, and a bit of a mea culpa! Whoo hoo!

Of course, this isn't the "classic" classic - that would be version 1, which hasn't been around for many years. That one was fun - the design on the homepage would change every few days, and there were some columnists with real personalities, like Miss Information. This one is a little more corporate, but still fun.

It looks like trading is light, but my short of High School Musical 3 is working out well, I'm making about H$1.2M on that one.

So there is some work to do cleaning up my portfolio, but I am thrilled to once again be able to scroll through all my 1,338 MovieStocks and 259 StarBonds. Give it up for the new old HSX!

No comments: