Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Charles Barkley to run for governor of Alabama

This is just about the only bit of political news for 2014 that could possibly interest me right now: Charles Barkley has announced that he will be running for governor of Alabama. I heard Sir Charles mention this a long time ago. I think that would be great. I can't wait to see a political campaign featuring Charles Barkley. How could anyone possibly run a negative ad against him? He's already admitted to pretty much everything. Almost nothing about Charles B. would surprise me. Talk about a known quantity. There must be literally months of videotape of him mouthing off about every conceivable topic.

The question, of course, is whether or not he would actually be a good governor. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been decent. Even people who strongly disagree with him have to admit that he works hard at the job, takes it very seriously, and admits when he is wrong. I'm willing to bet that Sir Charles would work hard as governor of Alabama, that he would take the job seriously, and admit it when he was wrong. And he would certainly be willing to push boundaries.

Go for it, Charles!

No comments: