Monday, June 16, 2008

Well it's about time - Gore endorses Obama

I got email from Al Gore today letting me know that he is endorsing Barack Obama. Al was sending the email through info@barackobama. So it was really through the Obama campaign.

I am of two minds about this. My first thots are, well, that's nice. Good to see Al finally on board.

My second thots are, what the hell took him so long?

OK, that's the extent of my venting and frustration. Obama won without Gore, which is probably good. Gore didn't piss off any Clinton people, and Obama is more of his own man for doing it without Gore.

One nice aspect of this is that it puts Obama in the spotlight for a couple of days in what would otherwise be a dull news session. So points for timing to Gore and the Obama campaign. More points for doing it in Michigan - just like the Edwards endorsement!

All in all a good thing. I'm not going to wax nostalgic about what could have been - who knows if it would have been a good or bad thing? In this case, hindsight is not 20/20. Glad to have you on board, Al!

No comments: