Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another straight guy saw Sex and the City

One of the women that I saw Sex and the City with reminded me that another straight guy saw it. This guy, like me, was brave enough to admit it in public, and in writing. Except that he went farther than me, and wrote about in in the LA Times. Which means, of course, that he got paid for it. Still, he admitted it in public. Way to go! The women that he went with clearly understood and respected his bravery, which is why, apparently, they were willing to tolerate his presence:
"You're very lucky we're letting you into the 'spa,' " Michelle said. She bounced with excitement in her purple high heels.

This is an unrealized benefit of a straight guy seeing Sex and the City, particularly on opening weekend: you score major points with women. Big time. Personally, I haven't benefit from this in a clearly definable way - it hasn't paid off in any tangible benefit - but I am sure that at some point in the future it will. I'm guessing that it won't hurt if I ever have a woman boss who is a fan of the show. Or it might pay off in other ways. That, however, probably will not be the subject of a blog post.

No comments: