Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obama-Schweitzer?

Here's a name for Obama's VP that I hadn't heard before: Brian Schweitzer, governor of Montana. I admit I know next to nothing about the guy besides the name and a generally favorable impression, but that's probably because I don't have a whole lot of reason to pay attention to Montana politics. And how unexpected is this: he spent six years in Saudi Arabia, so he speaks fluent Arabic. That's a killer credential. I'm going to reserve judgment until I see some video of the guy in action, but at least it's an interesting idea.

hat tip: Andrew Sullivan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUr48lg9Ocs

The guy is amazing! Frankly, Hillary and Barack are both lucky that Schweitzer didn't jump into the presidential race this time around-- he could've given either of them a serious run for their money!