Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Texas, Ohio, Vermont, Rhode Island

So today is the day that may decide everything in the race for the Democratic nomination for President. Personally, I am on pins and needles. Obama pretty clearly has Vermont locked up; Rhode Island seems to be Hillary territory. The betting seems to be that Hillary will take Ohio, but my guess is that it will be close. I think Obama will win Texas by a larger margin than expected. I think he's a Texas kind of guy - daring, resourceful, unafraid of his opponents. My gut instinct is that people in Texas will respect the fact that he has taken on the challenge of running for President now, and that he has risen to the challenge. Here's my predictions:

Vermont:
Obama: 65%
Clinton: 35%

Rhode Island:
Obama: 48%
Clinton: 52%

Ohio:
Obama: 49%
Clinton: 51%

Texas:
Obama: 54%
Clinton: 46%

So I have Obama winning Vermont and Texas by larger margins that Hillary winning Rhode Island and Ohio.

We'll see in a couple of hours!

No comments: