Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good news about the Clintons

In the interest of fairness, and because I like being positive, here's a bit of good news about the Clintons. Actually, it's about Chelsea. At a college campus, someone asked her if her mother's credibility was damaged by the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Her response:

"Wow, you're the first person actually that's ever asked me that question in the, I don't know maybe, 70 college campuses I've now been to, and I do not think that is any of your business," Clinton said during a campaign visit for her mother, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.


Huffpost also has the video. Good for her. I think she's right. Much as I was disappointed by Bill's behavior, I think Chelsea is dead-on. That's not an appropriate question, particularly for a daughter. We need to keep some boundaries.

I also want to take this opportunity to point out that Bill and Hillary can be proud of their role as parents. Chelsea has turned out really well. She's very poised and gracious, and clearly very competent. And, at the risk of being sexist, she looks pretty good.

No comments: