Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good day for political humor

Besides the list of alternative names for Hillary that I listed below, there are a couple of other great instances of political humor today. Michael Kinsley in the WaPo on being offended:

"It is my job to talk about the issues, such as health care and the subprime mortgage crisis. It is your job as members of the press to ignore all that boring crap and to fan the flames of phony issues with no evidence whatsoever, and I call upon you to do your job."


It's a great parody. Normally I'm not a huge fan of Kinsley. He's one of the smartest pundits around, but sometimes I think he's a little too smart for his own good. He had a stint as editor of the LA Times, but that didn't work out so well. But this piece is priceless.

And then there's Andy Borowitz's report for today, letting the world know that Barack Obama is converting to Judaism:

“I am converting to Judaism, effective immediately,” Mr. Obama told reporters at a press conference in Scarsdale, New York, adding that he would change his middle name from “Hussein” to “Murray.”


Good move, Barack! I think this will settle the religious issue once and for all!

No comments: