Sunday, March 30, 2008

James Carville is an idiot, Part 2

First of all, I should clarify that I don't really think that James Carville is an idiot. He's obviously a very intelligent man, and I am very glad that he is on my team (at least in terms of party). But I want to expand a bit on my earlier post. I think his comment about Richardson was idiotic because it reinforces what many people are saying about the Clintons: it's all about them. They put their interests ahead of everyone and eveyrthing else. Calling a former colleague who supports Obama "Judas" and justifying it in terms of loyalty makes that blatant. I'm still glad I supported and worked for Bill Clinton in the 1990's. But it is increasingly clear that people like Andrew Sullivan are right: you are with them or you are against them.

No comments: