Wednesday, May 21, 2008

McCain on "Ellen"

John McCain is going to be on Ellen DeGeneres' talk show tomorrow, Thursday. My guess is that he's doing a bit to burnish his image as a maverick. Certainly an unconventional move. Maybe he's going after the lesbian Republican vote? My guess is that he already has both of them. Actually, I shouldn't make generalizations about Republican lesbians. I'm sure there are lots of women in the Log Cabin.

Maybe McCain is going after all the women pissed off about Hillary's loss in the Dem primary. The flip side of that gamble is that he is not going to help himself with the right. Can't wait for that reaction!

Regardless, I want to take this moment and commend McCain for going on Ellen's show, particularly when the issue of gay marriage is so prominent, and when Ellen has put herself at the center of it. McCain really does deserve a certain amount of respect for his willingness to do what he thinks is right, regardless of the political implications.

And good for Ellen. I like her - she's very funny. Kudos to her for inviting him. I am going to be looking for some way to watch this.

No comments: