Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sarah Jessica Parker and the really ugly hat

I never watched Sex and the City, but I've heard great things about it. I'm sure it's a good show, I just wasn't into it. Also, I didn't have HBO when it was on. Now there is a movie coming out, and I probably won't be watching that, either, on the theory that it will be full of references to the TV show. And, honestly, I just don't find Sarah Jessica Parker that appealing. I'm sure she's very nice, and a good actress, etc., etc., but she doesn't do it for me. Normally I don't talk about this, because, as my grandmother used to say, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

But HuffPost posted pictures of SJP at the London premiere of the movie, and I have to say that she is wearing what may be the ugliest headpiece I have ever seen on a woman. As a centerpiece on a table, it would probably work really well. On a human being, it ain't working.

There's a poll at the bottom of the article, and I voted. Nice to know that 76% of the people who clicked, agree with me that the "hat" is atrocious. I feel better knowing that at least 8,078 people agree with me.

But I hope it's a good movie, not least because my sister was a huge fan of the TV show.

I should also point out that the other three actresses all look great.

Please note that I am not posting a picture of the hat on my blog because I don't want to have to look at it ever again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so right - that hat was god-awful! Too funny!