Saturday, May 3, 2008

Obama wins Guam

Obama won the caucuses in Guam today (or yesterday, as the case may be with Guam, since it's already tomorrow there). The vote was 2,264 for Obama to 2,257 for Clinton. That's a difference of 7 votes. Never in my life did I think I would care about the Democratic caucuses in Guam. But I spent most of today on waiting for these results. I must say that the Pacific Daily News of Guam (www.guampdn.com) has a nice Website, and I, for one, am glad that they diligently updated their site through what must have been a long night.

This is my favorite line from the article:

Obama never trailed from the first vote count on.
Just like in the rest of America.

I think this means that they split the eight half-delegates, so Obama gets four half-delegates and Hillary gets 2. There are some superdelegates, but I don't want to spend too much time figuring out who is who. I'm just glad that Obama won. A win is a win is a win.

No comments: