Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Maybe our prayers will be answered

As of this writing, Obama has won North Carolina by a decisive margin, 56% to 42%, which is very, very good, and definitely at the high end of expectations. And he's very close in Indiana. With 95% of the precincts reporting, it's 51-49, which is tight.

I have seen some posts suggesting that Hillary might drop out tomorrow. Supposedly she has cancelled all of her appearances tomorrow morning.

That would be good. Rumor has it that she is loaning her campaign money - that can't be a happy experience. She keeps talking about taking it to the convention, but this isn't entirely her decision. She has lots and lots and lots of fundraisers out there who might start saying "no." And a fair number of superdelegates.

I can't remember exactly which states are left, but I seem to recall that they are West Virginia, Kentucky, Oregon, Montana, and South Dakota. At this point, it might almost be worth it for her to keep campaigning so those states can see a huge surge in voter turnout for Democrats.

Almost. But not quite. We have had enough excitement. I'm sure there will still be some excitement in Oregon and Montana. I've had enough. I think this would be a great time for Hillary to be gracious.

I really, really want to believe good things about the Clintons again. I had so much faith in them once. I'd like to get a sliver of it back.

No comments: