Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ready for Christmas to start

Now that I have voted, I am just about ready for Christmas to start. OK, starting tomorrow, or, at the latest, after this weekend, when I have had a chance to really recover from this campaign.


Bring out Santa and the elves, crank up the carols, get those damn halls decked, find me a tree and some decorations. I am good to go. Shower me with good cheer, go right ahead. I can't wait for Rudolph and the three wise men and Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus in the manger. Every year for about the last five, I have been saying that THIS year, I will be sending out Christmas cards.


Believe it this year. Assuming that what all the polls are predicting actually does happen, I will be showering the world with joy. I'll bake cookies for everyone I know. I'll be drinking eggnog every chance I get.


Just a few more hours. What's it like in Virginia right about now? Is North Carolina officially Obama country yet?

2 comments:

ITF said...

VA's statewide GoTV system crashed around 1pm. (I spent 3 days in Harrisonburg) Doesn't look like shenanigans, just bad computer setup. So could turn out to be a McCain state. Probably not, though. I think the popular vote will be a LOT closer than the electoral.

Unknown said...

That gets me thinking: I'm actually not that worried about GoTV this time around. I don't think there are that many people that need persuading to vote this time around. It took me an hour and a half at a polling place where I usually just walk right in.