Thursday, July 3, 2008

Baby Boomer liberals retiring from academia

Good news from the NY Times. Baby Boomer liberals are starting to retire from academia.

Thank you God. Hallelujah. Hope springs eternal.

I consider myself fairly liberal, and I think Baby Boomers achieved a lot of good things in the '60's, but I am thrilled that Baby Boomer liberals are starting to leave academia. My college experience took place very much in the shadow of the '60's, and it was not healthy for me. There was a strong sense of confrontation, that our purpose was to prepare ourselves for ideological battle, rather than prepare ourselves to actually be able to make a living.

I could go on at substantial length on this topic, but I'm just going to enjoy the fact that time moves on and time heals all wounds.

No comments: