Sunday, May 3, 2009

Matt Damon and Sarah Palin

I was surfing through YouTube and came across a short clip of Matt Damon ripping on Sarah Palin. I remembered it vaguely, so I clicked on it. And what do you know, up popped an ad! A political ad! Not really surprising, really, because ad placement on Websites these days is all about synchronicity - you're watching a video about Sarah Palin, you must be interested in politics! I'm not really sure the good Governor of Alaska really appreciates this kind of synchronicity, tho:


Notice the title of the video: "Matt Damon Rips Sarah Palin." And right next to it is an ad - to support Sarah Palin! Whoops. That's a screenshot of exactly what was on my screen. And here's the video, although I can't guarantee that you'll get the same ad that I did:




If you're wondering what Matt Damon's credentials are for ripping on Sarah Palin, keep this in mind: he went to Harvard. He dropped out before graduating to pursue his film career, but he did, in fact, go to Harvard. I happen to know this because a friend of mine was a TA there, and had him in his class. Damon dropped out while he was in the class. My friend still has a paper that he wrote but never bothered to pick up, because he left right after he wrote it (I assume he still has it - haven't talked to him in a while). So we can be reasonably confident that he is, in fact, smarter than Sarah Palin.

Like I always say, irony is 9/10th of the law.

No comments: