Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GM's new two-wheeler

is working on a new kind of wheeled transport thingy with Segway. It's sort of like a Segway with a seat and a roof. Reactions to the article in the NY Times are all over the place - some people like it, some people hate it.

I like it. I think it could be great. I think it could be wonderful for parents with kids in high school. If you don't want to buy your son or daughter a new car, but you want them to be able to get to and from school without taking the bus, this might be a great solution. It would have been perfect for me and my siblings.

Lots of people do their errands at stores close to them, like grocery stores, drugstores, etc. Could be perfect for that.

It could also do wonders for parking lots. If enough people travel by this, we could reduce the need for parking in this country. That would be great. I've seen some stores, like an Office Depot in downtown LA, with parking on the roof. The problem with that is that you need a fair amount of space for a ramp. But with these, you could put it an elevator, and people could park on the roof! Solves all kinds of problems.

Finally, some good news from GM!

No comments: