Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not suspending blogging

My friends and fellow Americans, and fellow citizens of the world: I want to assure all of you that I will not be suspending my blogging because of the current financial crisis. You may be certain that I will continue to provide deep insights and the occasional witty commentary for your edification and pleasure, despite the hole that Wall Street is in.

Never fear! Even if my presence is required in a distant city, I will keep up my obligations to you. To all of you. I will be in constant communication with our nation's leaders if they do, in fact, require my participation, which they might, because, you never know, there's always an odd chance that the perspective of an ordinary American might be the breakthrough needed to solve this crisis.

I will also keep all of my commitments to late night talk show hosts, even though I currently have no such commitments. If Jay Leno, or David Letterman, or Jon Stewart, or Stephen Colbert, or even Ellen DeGeneres calls, I'll be there for them. I won't bail on anyone like John McCain did on Letterman last night. No sirree! I would do everything in my power to show up for any of them. I would gladly accept free airfare for a trip to New York, regardless of how it might interfere with my life.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during these, our trying times. I will continue to post updates throughout the crisis about my determination to keep blogging. Given that I occasionally post movie reviews on this site, I may also demonstrate my commitment to solving this crisis by seeing a movie and writing about it. It's the least I can do.

No comments: