Thursday, February 21, 2008

Making it official

I think the time has come for me to make an official commitment. I've given this a great deal of thot. I've consulted my friends, family, and constituents.

I am officially endorsing Barack Obama for President.

Just in case there was any doubt.

My reasons are many, including the fact that I've already given him money and spent several months campaigning for him. I think that, while Hillary would be a good President, Barack would be a great one. He brings people together. I went to an Obama rally at UCLA - that's quite a commitment for me. I'm not worried about any kind of backlash. I'm not worried that he will get into office and millions of people will discover that he's human, that he can't wave a magic wand and solve all of our problems overnight.

As Fareed Zakaria wrote in Newsweek, we are at the end of the conservative era. Conservatives are out of ideas. Hillary might win the election if she's the nominee, but I think Obama can put it away. I think conservatives will be recovering from this election for a long, long time.

I think Obama can break our collective addiction to anger.

I strongly encourage my readers to support Barack Obama for President.

1 comment:

the shunamite said...

Why hasn't CNN picked up this news?